Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Being honest...

So today I thought of something I could post and share with you all. Before kids I was a spender...a big spender. Keith and I had a great life (not that we don't now) where we could go shopping at fancy big name stores at the drop of a hat. I bought clothes, shoes, scarves, bathing suits, etc...and never blinked an eye. Before we moved to Florida I worked at a law firm in Philadelphia and for some reason, I always wanted to impress and be taken seriously. My age was a big factor because I was the baby of the group and I felt like no one took me seriously. So I started to spend big at big stores and before I knew it I was spending money where I was almost not making enough to cover the minimum on my credit cards.

Now it seems that I have been paying for it ten fold. I buy mostly generic and never shop for clothes for myself unless its a special occassion. The only shopping I do now is grocery shopping and you know what? When I look at my closet, yes, I have an amazing assortment of stuff but that's all it is-stuff. After you start to grow up you realize that people are going to take you for what you are not what you wear.

For some reason I had to share this, I guess its more of a diary entry than a blog or the fact that I'm almost thirty and realized how far I've come...

1 comments:

grammy mom said...

Hi Honey,
I just read you blog about you being honest. And I have to say that "yes, you have come along way, and what you have accomplished with you children, you have even more to be proud of. Be honest with your children and the rest will follow...

Love,
Mom